Lost & found
Lost & found
“Today, there are ways to find property that is stolen from you a lot easier. High end items typically have a serial number attached to them. But most people don’t know the serial numbers of the items they own. Knowing these numbers is so important because it will help the police be able to track your item.” Katherine Bartlett, Our Whiskey Lullaby
Blog post 4/28/2020
“I see MyPropertyID as someone finally centralizing the many theft recovery programs that are scattered across the nation over the years. So many law enforcement agencies have some sort of tracking or theft recovery program but it’s selective in the type of property and during hard times, it’s one of the first programs to disappear during budget cuts. Glad to see it’s being taken as a focal point.” D.L. Law Enforcement Professional
LinkedIn comment 4/4/20
“I run a non-profit entrepreneurial networking event in the city and we installed My Property ID on our iPads used for event registration. We operate our check in platform on a self-serve basis and enjoy the security comfort My Property ID gives us by preventing people from taking our hardware. These are great inventory trackers for non profits and other networking events!” M.C., Des Moines, Iowa.
Facebook recommendation 6/5/19
“I used to work for a large company that started tagging valuable computer assets in the late 90s. It was proven to work. Lost laptops were indeed returned by following the tag instructions. It’s a great idea, everyone should get a tag!” Mike M., Des Moines, Iowa.
Blog comment 12/7/18
“Super simple to register and effective. I have two teenage children who are constantly losing things so I have both of their cell phones and laptops labeled. I also like the benefit of having the window clings on my front and garage side door as a deterrent to would be criminals!” John S., Des Moines, Iowa.
Five star Facebook review 5/21/18
“Less hassle. More protection. Register your bikes, computers, phone, Bluetooth speakers. Anything and everything of value. Almost registered my dog.” Noah O., Des Moines, Iowa.
Five star Facebook review 5/18/18
“If a potential burglar sees that we have an identity system in place, he/she will undoubtedly move on. It’s a fraction of the cost of a burglar alarm system and much less annoying.” Lisa P., Southbury, Connecticut.
Five star Facebook review 10/3/17
“The labels were easy to order, arrived in just a couple of days, and come in a variety of sizes to fit different items. But what I like best about the product is how easy it is to enter identifying information about the tagged items on the website.” Carl D., Des Moines, Iowa.
Five star Facebook review 8/18/17
“My ID tags arrived very quickly and worked just as described. I feel safer already.” Molly M., Houston, Texas.
Five star Facebook review 4/10/17
Private registration system for serial numbers
No monthly costs! No subscriptions! No kidding!
For individuals, homeowners, mom & pop businesses and smaller municipalities
Affordable security system
You can call it what you wish. A low-cost, affordable or cheap security system or cheap home security. Whatever you call it, MyPropertyID will last longer, perform better and cost the least amount of money over the long haul.
How do you install the strategy?
- Adhere ID labels near the serial numbers of your items
- Record serial numbers on your secure database
- Post warning signs on doors, windows and vehicles
- As backup, print out a hard copy for your records
How is your property protected?
If you are ever the victim of burglary or theft, the police can only help if you can give them the serial numbers of the stolen items. The police enter those serial numbers into the FBI’s global databases, dramatically constricting resale and tying a piece of stolen property to a thief when they are caught. The simple act of registering serial numbers, labeling property and posting warning signs, renders your valuables nearly useless to a thief for resale. It’s designed for:
- Cell phones, tablets, laptops, game systems, TVs
- PCs, auxiliary hard drives, servers, printers, POSs
- Handheld power tools such as saws and drills
- Bicycles, mopeds and scooters
- Larger power tools such as table saws and power washers
- Lawn mowers, leaf blowers, weed whackers, chainsaws
What comes in your security kit?
- A private database to record the make, model and serial numbers
- Pre-activated, commercial-grade ID labels to adhere to valuables
- A set of warning signs for buildings, vehicles and large equipment
- A free privacy-protected system for recovering lost or stolen items
How our strategy works as a lost & found?
A Good Samaritan enters your ID tag number on our FOUND page. Because your privacy is protected by our secure database, our system will alert you by email that a person has found your lost or stolen item, but this process tells the sender nothing about you. This gives you options and keeps you in control.
How you are personally protected?
- Worst-Case Scenario: Even if the ID labels are removed, when you file a police report, it’s the printout of the serial numbers on your privacy-protected database that get entered into the FBI’s National Crime Information Center (NCIC).
- Lost & Found: To protect your privacy, our system reveals nothing about you. If you lose a labeled piece of property, a Good Samaritan can alert you through our FOUND page, but they learn nothing about you unless you contact them.
- Prevention: Burglars are much less likely to steal property if warning signs are posted and items are labeled and recorded like we all automatically do with motor vehicles.
- First Officer On the Scene: If a law enforcement professional catches a thief red-handed with the ID labels affixed, the FOUND page can be an instantaneous tool to justify an arrest.