We help you protect your belongings by deterring burglaries.
We help you get your belongings back if ever lost or stolen
We help you assist the police in solving property crimes.
We help you connect with Good Samaritans who find lost items.
We help you keep criminals out of your neighborhood.
“I used to work for a large company that started tagging valuable computer assets in the late 90s. It was proven to work. Lost laptops were indeed returned by following the tag instructions. It’s a great idea, everyone should get a tag!” Mike M., Des Moines, Iowa.
Blog comment 12/7/18
“Super simple to register and effective. I have two teenage children who are constantly losing things so I have both of their cell phones and laptops labeled. I also like the benefit of having the window clings on my front and garage side door as a deterrent to would be criminals!” John S., Des Moines, Iowa.
Five star Facebook review 5/21/18
“Less hassle. More protection. Register your bikes, computers, phone, Bluetooth speakers. Anything and everything of value. Almost registered my dog.” Noah O., Des Moines, Iowa.
Five star Facebook review 5/18/18
“If a potential burglar sees that we have an identity system in place, he/she will undoubtedly move on. It’s a fraction of the cost of a burglar alarm system and much less annoying.” Lisa P., Southbury, Connecticut.
Five star Facebook review 10/3/17
“The labels were easy to order, arrived in just a couple of days, and come in a variety of sizes to fit different items. But what I like best about the product is how easy it is to enter identifying information about the tagged items on the website.” Carl D., Des Moines, Iowa.
Five star Facebook review 8/18/17
“My ID tags arrived very quickly and worked just as described. I feel safer already.” Molly M., Houston, Texas.
Five star Facebook review 4/10/17
ONLY 10% OF BURGLARIES ARE EVER SOLVED
Help law enforcement prevent and fight crime
Mail-order, DIY tied to the web for global access
No monthly costs! No subscriptions! No kidding!
For individuals, homeowners, small businesses and tiny municipalities
Proud member of the Better Business Bureau
What is Operation ID?
Operation ID is a police developed, Justice Department researched and FBI endorsed strategy for deterring burglaries and convicting criminals. It’s a strategy everybody should use—akin to registering a car—that most citizens and young police officers have never heard of. According to extensive research and millions in taxpayer expenditures, it cannot be called Operation ID unless:
1) Property is marked with a universal identifier which acts as a lost and found.
2) The make, model and serial numbers are recorded which are used by the police
3) Warning signs are posted on doors and windows which are designed to deter criminals
How is your property protected?
If you are ever the victim of burglary or theft, the police can only help if you can give them the serial numbers of the stolen items. The police enter those serial numbers into the FBI’s global databases, dramatically constricting resale and tying a piece of stolen property to a thief when they are caught. The simple act of registering serial numbers, labeling property and posting warning signs, renders your valuables nearly useless to a thief for resale. It’s designed for:
- Cell phones, tablets, laptops, game systems, TVs
- PCs, auxiliary hard drives, servers, printers, POSs
- Handheld power tools such as saws and drills
- Bicycles, mopeds and scooters
- Larger power tools such as table saws and power washers
- Lawn mowers, leaf blowers, weed whackers, chainsaws
What comes in your security kit?
- A private database to record the make, model and serial numbers
- Pre-activated, commercial-grade ID labels to adhere to valuables
- A set of warning signs for buildings, vehicles and large equipment
- A free privacy-protected system for recovering lost or stolen items
How do you install it?
- Record serial numbers on your secure database
- Adhere ID labels near the serial numbers of your items
- Post warning signs on doors, windows and vehicles
- As backup, print out a hard copy for your records
How our strategy works as a lost & found?
A Good Samaritan enters your ID tag number on our FOUND page. Because your privacy is protected by our secure database, our system will alert you by email that a person has found your lost or stolen item, but this process tells the sender nothing about you. This gives you options and keeps you in control.
How you are personally protected?
- Worst-Case Scenario: Even if the ID labels are removed, when you file a police report, it’s the printout of the serial numbers on your privacy-protected database that get entered into the FBI’s National Crime Information Center (NCIC).
- Lost & Found: To protect your privacy, our system reveals nothing about you. If you lose a labeled piece of property, a Good Samaritan can alert you through our FOUND page, but they learn nothing about you unless you contact them.
- Prevention: Burglars are much less likely to steal property if warning signs are posted and items are labeled and recorded like we all automatically do with motor vehicles.
- First Officer On the Scene: If a law enforcement professional catches a thief red-handed with the ID labels affixed, the FOUND page can be an instantaneous tool to justify an arrest.