The convenience of pre-activated ID tags
With our anti-theft security system, you receive a complete kit in the mail consisting of pre-activated ID tags and warning signs. Apply the ID tags to portable items burglars target such as computers, game systems, laptops, tablets and smartphones. You have now taken the first major step in linking your valuables to you. Because the ID tags are pre-activated, just login and add the make, model and serial number for each number on the database. Post warning signs on doors and windows. That’s it! You’re protected! It take just minutes and it’s proven to work.
How our system is a tool for the police and Good Samaritans
In the course of their assigned duties, if the police come across a piece of tagged property, they can use our system as a tool to gather evidence against a perpetrator by emailing the rightful owner through the website. The security system also acts as a lost & found. Most people who find lost property will make an effort to return it if there is an easy way to do so. Just go to the FOUND page and enter the ID number on the tag.
How our system helps citizens partner with the police to solve crimes
It’s the serial numbers embedded in your items, not the ID tags, that help the police solve colder cases. In the event of a burglary, where the perpetrator is long-gone, citizens file a police report and email the applicable database contents to the police. The police then enter that information into a national database for stolen property at the National Crime Information Center (NCIC). The police often recover stolen items, but have no way to trace it back to the original owner because there is no record. As a result, the criminal is often released without charge.
My Property ID Registry is a U.S. company based in Des Moines, Iowa. The business taps into the strong Midwestern values Iowans proudly represent. Nearly every contracting company is Iowa based. The conception, development, launch and ongoing operation of My Property ID Registry depends on these businesses. All of the people involved contributed their hard work, dedication, integrity and thoughtfulness to this project. My Property ID Registry thanks them and is proud to be a part of a great tradition. Made in the U.S.A.
About the developer
Jon Shelness has lived in central Iowa for nearly 30 years. He grew up in the rural outskirts of New York City in Lewisboro, New York, and graduated from high school in Davis, California. Upon graduation, he took a cross-country road trip that included Iowa. He moved permanently to the Des Moines area in 1990 from the Upper East Side of Manhattan Island in New York City, embracing Iowa, its people and its values. During his years in Iowa, he has lived on farm acreages, in small towns, and now in Des Moines. He’s even “pulled” a calf.
Jon initially worked in the printing industry, and as a photographer and writer. In later years, he received his bachelor’s degree from Iowa State University in order to continue a 15-year career working with at-risk youth and juvenile offenders. In 2013, he was recognized by the Iowa chapter of the National Association of Social Workers for his innovative work with delinquent youth.
As Jon continued his education through graduate classes in criminal justice and public administration, a number of insights took him in a new direction. Jon’s family, friends, career, education and volunteerism—combined with his desire to contribute to society in a meaningful way—is the inspiration that has led to the development of My Property ID Registry. He can be reached at Jon@MyPropertyIDRegistry.com
Press coverage, background information and subcontractors
- Clay & Milk. An added layer of security combined with a global lost & found. October 30, 2017
- Innovation Expo. Coralville, Iowa. September 19, 2017
- ACORD Insurance Innovation Challenge. Chicago semifinalist. July 26, 2017
- Insight On Business. Radio and video interview. July 21, 2017
- The Business Record. Iowa insurTechs to compete in Chicago as startup disruptors. July 18, 2017
- The Business Record. Semifinalist in international insur-tech competition. July 17, 2017
- Silicon Prairie News. Consumers should get in the habit of registering valuables. June 6, 2017
- 1 Million Cups DSM. Presentation. May 10, 2017
- Southwestern Hills Neighborhood Association. Board member. 2012-present
- National Association of Social Workers, Iowa. 2013 service award
- Woodward Academy. Employed 2003-2015
- Research Interest. The positive, normative, peer management technique.
- Graduate coursework: Iowa State University, U of Iowa, Simpson College
- Bachelor of Science: Iowa State University
- PaxAux dba My Property ID Registry
- 818 graphic and web design
- FullFlock backend coding
- Stripe credit card processing
- ProVid video production
- DMACC video production
- KHPhoto still photography
- DMRG voice-over and radio
- PIN advertising
- Flynn Wright market consulting
- U of Iowa student consulting
- Lithium hosting and security
- All Lines insurance consulting
- Axis insurance and bonding
- Elkin family law
- Brown Winick patent and trademark
- WDM chamber of commerce
- DSM chamber partnership
- SoS search for <PaxAux>